How is it composed?
The index consists of 5 dimensions, as statistical literacy requires:
- consider statistical information important to know the reality and form opinion
- be interested in searching, accessing and capturing statistical information
- have ease in understanding the language, concepts and symbols of statistical data
- be able to evaluate or criticize the information received and the extrapolation validity
- understand the meaning of the content of the statistical data so as to form an opinion from the message captured
To know the methodology and questionnaire of the Statistical Literacy Index, as well as the results for the Portuguese population, click here.